ARGO Launches New Luxury Line of Amphibious XTVs – ‘ARGO Avenger 8x8 LX’
New Hamburg, ON – ARGO, the world leading extreme vehicle manufacturer, today announced an all new luxury line-up of amphibious XTVs – the ARGO Avenger 8x8 LX series of vehicles – built to appeal to the most discerning of off-road, outdoors enthusiasts.
Luxuriously designed for long rides with ultimate comfort, the new ARGO Avenger 8x8 LX models feature the highest standards of performance and innovation and are unlike any other vehicle the company has built in its half century history.
Available in three, bold never-before-seen colour options (Cranberry, Sunset Orange, Black), the new ARGO Avenger 8x8 LX come with an upgraded triple differential ADMIRAL HS steering transmission capable of reaching a top end speed of 25 mph (39.5 km/hr), 25 per cent faster than any other ARGO on the market.
Moreover, with an onboard entertainment system that includes a Jensen 4-channel 40 watt sounds system with front and rear speakers, users can add a soundtrack to every off-road excursion.
The new LX models also feature a set of ultra-low pressure tires on dual beadlock rims for a smoother, more comfortable ride over rough terrain, putting it in a class of its own when it comes to all season, all-terrain amphibious vehicles.
Fitted with the latest driver and passenger safety technologies, intuitive convenience features and IT device connectivity, the LX is engineered to provide top notch ride comfort while maintaining a confident sporty ‘look’.
Boasting ‘go anywhere’ capabilities, the ARGO Avenger 8x8 LX is an outdoorsmen’s dream come true and features a number of unique options as standard equipment including:
• Robust brush guard provides outstanding protection for the front end of the vehicle, absorbing impacts from off-road hazards such as brush, branches, and more
• 3500 lb WARN Power Winch
• Upgraded triple differential ADMIRAL HS steering transmission capable of reaching top end speed of 25 mph (39.5 km/hr)
• Jensen 4-channel 40 watt sound system with front and rear speakers built for marine duty. Ready access to all media with Bluetooth streaming audio, iOS or Android wireless apps and USB digital port
• New USB/12 V Power Outlet allows riders to charge their phones, play music and utilize their GPS
• Premium front and rear seat cushions as well as an adjustable front seat backrest pad featuring refined silver stitching and custom embossing of the ARGO logo
• Interior lighting package to illuminate front driving area and cargo areas
• Bilge pump to keep passengers and supplies high & dry through wetlands, water crossings and wet weather
• Two entry steps makes getting in and out of the vehicle easier than ever
• LX Series handrails
• Brake lights
• Digital gauge cluster providing total control at a glance: speedometer, tachometer, odometer, voltmeter, hour meter, engine temp, oil pressure, parking brake and check engine lights
The new ARGO LX is built on the HDi platform and is powered by a 30 hp 748 cc electronic fuel-injected Kohler LH 775 engine for great performance in challenging terrain. With a load capacity of 1,000 lb. (454 kg.) and towing capacity of up to 1,800 lb. (816 kg.), the ARGO LX allows riders to travel in style, with ample cargo space to transport groups of people and their gear for long days of recreation with all the comforts of home. All this power is also matched by a commitment to respecting the environment with low emission rates that meet both EPA and CARB standards.
In addition to the multitude of fully-integrated accessories that make it the most comfortable ARGO ever built, the new LX can be customized with more than 40 different ARGO brand accessories, options and attachments to ensure customers have the flexibility and versatility to create their ideal machine.
Headquartered in New Hamburg, Ontario, ARGO, a division of Ontario Drive & Gear Limited, provides extreme terrain vehicles to a network of hundreds of dealers across Canada and the United States.
For 50 years, ARGO has built the most successful amphibious Xtreme Terrain Vehicles (XTV) in the world. With a multitude of applications including commercial, public sector, robotics, and personal recreation, ARGO’s will climb, crawl or swim anywhere users need to go.
More information and details about ARGO’s entire line-up of amphibious XTVs can be found online at www.ARGOxtv.com.
ARGO Xtreme Terrain Vehicles (XTV) and custom utility packages have been manufactured since 1967. ARGO markets its products through a network of independent dealers and distributors located throughout the United States and Canada and through distributors representing dealers in Europe, Russia, South America, the Middle East, Asia and other international markets. ARGO’s unique durability, safety and versatility are driven by the renowned engineering capability of its parent company, Ontario Drive & Gear Ltd. (ODG). Since 1962, ODG has manufactured quality precision gears and transmissions.