Every year thousands of people travel over the Mighty Mac to be greeted by St Ignace.
YOUR # 1 PLACE TO GO FOR ATV - UTV RIDE DESTINATIONS IN MICHIGAN!
We’ve been lucky enough to explore trails all over North America, but there’s one area we always come back to. St. Ignace, Michigan has been the base for many of our adventures, but then again, they’ve been hosting explorers for more than 400 years! From here you can ride through Michigan’s immense and pristine Upper Peninsula all the way to Wisconsin, North to the shores of Lake Superior, and East to the waters bordering Canada. First, you’ll need to cross the five-mile-long Mackinaw Bridge, which soars over the beautiful, blue waters of the Straits of Mackinaw far below.
STAY AND PLAY
Riding from St. Ignace is easy! It’s truly an off-road friendly town. Pick from any of the numerous places to stay and park your trailer on site, grab a hearty breakfast, and hit the trails headed out of town. There are literally thousands of miles of trails to explore in the Upper Peninsula, and thanks to the extensive trail network you can return to St Ignace after a full day of riding, or pack your gear for a multi-day destination ride and stay someplace else for the night. Building on that ORV friendly attitude, there is even a fall festival called Trek the Mighty Mac, where riders can cross the Mackinaw Bridge on their ATV, Side x Side, or dirt bike. Besides the ORV trail riding opportunities though, there is much to do for the entire family. Highlights include:
- EASY TO EXPLORE, FAMILY FRIENDLY DOWNTOWN – The kids will naturally love the souvenir shops, but there are boutique shops and jewelry stores for adults too! A nearby casino can even provide nighttime fun!
- EXCELLENT LOCAL RESTAURANTS & PUBS. There are many great choices, but our favorite dish is always the local Whitefish or Whitefish dip. We always bring some home.
- HISTORICAL SIGHTS – 400 years of history with three different countries claiming domain gives plenty to learn about this vital and highly contested trade point. The Museum of Ojibwa Culture is a National Historic Landmark.
- FUN and INTERESTING SIGHTS. Towering Castle Rock, ferries to Mackinaw Island for day trips, the quirky Mystery Spot, and a local Deer Ranch all provide fun entertainment.
- ENDLESS OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES. Backpacking, Kayaking, Fishing, Hiking and Horse Back Riding are just a few of the activities available in and around St. Ignace. You’ll never get bored.
ALL TRAILS LEAD FROM ST. IGNACE
St. Ignace has the fresh water coast lines, natural beauty, restaurants, shops, and a friendly, fun vibe that very few places can rival. Best of all, it’s a GREAT place to start your off-road adventure and in every direction there are shimmering lakes, pine and cedar forests, and excellent riding on one of the world’s largest and best trail systems. You can never go wrong starting your adventure in St. Ignace. It always feels like home and you won’t be disappointed!
WATCH THE VIDEO TO SEE WHAT YOU TOO CAN DISCOVER!
THINGS TO DO IN ST IGNACE MICHIGAN
Please visit https://stignace.com/
For additional information check out the St. Ignace Visitors Bureau. They’ll help you kick off your adventure.
St. Ignace Visitors Bureau
Phone: 906-643-6950 or toll free: 888-338-6660