Salt Lake City, Utah – October 16, 2014 – Tread Lightly! appointed two new members to its Board of Directors at an annual meeting recently held at its headquarters in Salt Lake City, Utah.
The new board members are Andrew Hoit, Vice President of Sales at Falken Tire Corporation, a global performance tire manufacturer, and Mark MacGuinness, Vice President at Discount Tire Direct, the world’s largest independent tire and wheel retailer.
“Tread Lightly! is committed to protecting access to the great outdoors for the benefit and enjoyment of people of all ages, and our diverse board has a growing interest in the many issues currently impacting access to public and private lands and waters,” said Lori McCullough, executive director and board member for Tread Lightly!. “As a member based organization, Tread Lightly! is also committed to expanding our membership as we approach our 25th anniversary in 2015. We encourage everyone who enjoys the outdoors to consider a Tread Lightly! membership as a way to help support access to our public lands.”
Tread Lightly!’s Board of Directors also includes:
- Brad Franklin, Government Affairs Manager, Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A.
- Nelson Freeman, Government Affairs and Communications Manager, Safari Club International
- Paul Golde, Senior Product Specialist, Kawasaki Motor Corporation, U.S.A.
- Pat Hudak
- Christine Jourdain, Executive Director, American Council of Snowmobile Associations
- Jonathan Lee, Brand Communications Manager, BP Products North America, Inc.
- Kevin P. Lund, Vice Chair Group Product Marketing Manager, Utility Vehicles, Deere & Company
- Jeff Nasi, Senior Director, Digital Media Sales & Marketing, TEN: The Enthusiast Network
- Joel Pedersen, Director of Lands and Policy, National Wild Turkey Federation
- Jan Rintamaki, Director, Customer Experience, RiderX, Polaris Industries
- Michael Schmitt
- Ken Scuito, Senior Marketing Director, Bushwacker, Inc.
- Todd Smith, V.P. Content Development, InterMedia Outdoors
Representatives from the U.S. Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, Army Corps of Engineers, National Park Service and the National Association of State Park Directors also serve as advisors on Tread Lightly!’s Board of Directors.
About Tread Lightly!
Tread Lightly! is a national nonprofit organization with a mission to promote responsible recreation through ethics education and stewardship programs. Tread Lightly!’s educational message, along with its unique training and restoration initiatives are strategically designed to instill an ethic of responsibility in outdoor enthusiasts and the industries that serve them. The program is long-term in scope with a goal to balance the needs of the people who enjoy outdoor recreation with our need to maintain a healthy environment. Tread Lightly!’s award-winning materials, programs and services are solutions to some of the nation’s most pressing recreation issues. Individuals and businesses can commit to Tread Lightly! and protect outdoor access by becoming a member at www.treadlightly.org.